Foundation is a digital content marketing agency that operates 100% remotely. That means we give you the tools to work (laptop and phone) and you pick where you work each day.
We run a lean B2B content-driven machine. We own and manage multiple brands. We develop content that goes on to be seen by millions. We collaborate with some of the brightest in the industry. We have clients from around the world. And we’re just getting started.
You will be creating content (and strategies to support it) for our partners and our own brands. There should be no question that the content is thoughtful, optimized and worth sharing.
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING:
- Writing long-form content (blog posts, articles, ebooks, white papers, guides, landing pages, emails, etc.)
- Writing short-form social copy (Tweets, Linkedin posts, Facebook posts, Instagram captions, etc.)
- Conducting research for your content, collecting both quantitative and qualitative information to support content credibility
- Combining creativity and keyword research to generate strategic content ideas and make strategic recommendations
- Collaborating with copy editors, project managers, account managers, strategists, distribution specialists, and a wide variety of client contacts to ensure content meets expectations and deadlines
- Pitching in on other content-related tasks as needed (Things like strategy creation, making decks, reporting on content performance, content distribution, email campaign management, or keyword research.)
- Occasionally acting as a second set of eyes on content created by a colleague
WHAT SKILLS YOU'LL NEED TO DO THE JOB:
- B.A. in Journalism, Communications, or English, or comparable experience
- At least 2-3 years of content writing experience
- Mastery of the English language
- Excellent digital writing and editing skills
- Close attention to detail, i.e., near-perfect grammar and strong editing skills
- Experience writing about marketing, business and/or SaaS companies
- Interest in writing about technical topics (even some you haven’t worked with before)
- Proven ability to generate creative content ideas and compelling headlines
- Comfort writing about a wide variety of topics, from marketing and , to insurance and cryptocurrency
- Willingness to share writing samples and complete a (paid) test project, if needed
WHAT YOU NEED TO THRIVE AT FOUNDATION:
- Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to form productive working relationships
- Excellent communication skills (especially written)
- Strong time management and organization skills, with the ability to manage your own schedule (We’re a fully remote team, after all)
- The ability to work on several projects with different objectives simultaneously
- Experience using the Google Drive suite (Docs, Slides, Sheets)
SOME NICE-TO-HAVE BONUS SKILLS:
- Familiarity with SEO best practices and SEO tools like Moz, Ahrefs and SEMrush
- Working knowledge of WordPress/HTML/CSS, with an eye for good web design
We will give you a budget to buy the gadgets and tech you need to execute.
Flexible work environment—we expect you to work hard, but give you the freedom to do it in your preferred setting.
ALL NATIONAL HOLIDAYS
We offer time off for all National Holidays. Whether you’re living in Canada, US, Australia or Japan — you’ll get those days off.
Benefits after three months:
PAID TIME OFF
Two weeks minimum paid vacation days.
WELLNESS & FITNESS COVERAGE
We cover all team members’ costs for gym or yoga memberships. You have to keep the mind right to keep the grind right.
Learning is very important in our culture! We offer a monthly stipend to encourage you to buy books, listen to webinars and purchase materials that will help you grow professionally and personally.
COMPETITIVE MEDICAL & DENTAL BENEFITS
We offer a competitive dental and healthcare benefits plan for colleagues and their families.
$45-$60k, depending on the skill level of the successful candidate.