Welcome to Volume 149 👋
In this week’s newsletter, we cover:
- 🚀 How Angi Uses Near Me SEO To Dominate the $506B Home Services Industry
- 🤖 4 Ways Artificial Intelligence Will Shape B2B SaaS Marketing
- 👀 What’s the Latest in B2B SaaS This Week?
- 🧠 This Week’s Brain Food
- ➕ The Best Content Across the Web
Let’s get into it.
Looking for a marketing conference without the B.S.?
You’re in luck — Ross will be in Austin, TX, this October 18th to speak at the Marketingland Festival by the pros at The Marketing Millennials. With dedicated spaces for everything from branding and content creation to eCommerce and revenue tactics, it’s a day you won’t want to miss!
B2B SAAS INSIGHTS
How Angi Uses Near Me SEO To Dominate the $506B Home Services Industry
‘Near Me’ searches are a useful SEO strategy that many local businesses neglect.
When these businesses tweak their websites to show up in ‘Near Me’ searches, it becomes easier for local customers to find them. This means more customers and more money for the business. One company that’s really good at this is Angi.
Angi (formerly Angie’s List) is a NASDAQ-listed company that is the single go-to place for home projects, big and small. Its site gets 5.3 million people visiting every month and ranks #1 for super-competitive keywords like “plumbers near me” and “electrician near me” in the United States. According to Ahrefs, Angi ranks for 47,000+ “near me” keywords.
We wrote an article explaining five ways Angi used this strategy as well as four other SEO strategies they used to dominate the SERPS. You should check it out.
And if you’re not already an Insider, I highly recommend signing up to get exclusive access to more detailed breakdowns like this one.
Become an Insider today to access the full BRICK report, which covers exclusive B2B SaaS growth, SEO, content case studies, and other resources.
The BRICK report is a goldmine for C-suite executives and marketers. We cover critical issues such as the importance of product vs. brand, the impact of social media channels on revenue, and the relationship between blog posts and traffic. The full report is only available to Lab Insiders.
Here are some of our greatest hits:
- How Asana Drives $5M Worth of Traffic Using ToFU Content
- How Carta Increased its Organic Traffic by 100% in Just 6 Months
- How UiPath Uses One Page To Build Trust With Users and Search Engines
- How Two Top AI Writing Assistants Grew Their User Bases in Less Than 10 Years
4 Ways Artificial Intelligence Will Shape B2B SaaS Marketing
AI is becoming a bigger part of our daily lives, both at work and in life.
You can see the proof everywhere. For example, ChatGPT, Jasper, and other AI tools now play a major role in many brands’ marketing strategies and execution.
Big companies like Box, HubSpot, and Salesforce are also using AI in their products to stay relevant and keep their market share. The AI market might be worth almost $2 trillion USD by 2030 if things keep going this way and we rely on AI even more.
So, what’s next for this industry? Should we worry about losing our jobs to AI? Is the talk about AI taking over jobs true? How can we get ready for the future?
To help you understand and prepare, I wrote an article explaining four ways AI will change marketing, with insights from experts, and how you can prepare.
👀 What’s the Latest in B2B SaaS This Week?
Google is changing how some of its rich results types are displayed on its search results page. Find out all about it here.
Revenue operations platform Clari is acquiring Groove, a sales engagement platform, for an undisclosed amount.
X now allows creators who get 5 million views on posts within three months to earn money from ads. And you can take out your earnings when you have just $10 instead of waiting until you have $50 accrued.
Ignition is hiring a Head of Product Marketing & Content. Find out if it’s a good fit for you.
Want to sponsor our next issue? Reply to this email, and we’ll share how you can reach more SaaS founders and marketers today.
🧠 This Week’s Brain Food
Some things that can make your life better might not feel easy at first, but they bring great rewards. To move beyond your comfort zone and keep succeeding, remember these steps:
- Decide if an action is right for the moment.
- Commit to showing up regularly.
- Push through negativity and embrace the work.
- See failure as a chance to learn, not a setback.
- Let go of habits that aren’t moving you towards your goals.
- Celebrate your wins, no matter how little.
- Choose progress, not perfection. Take things step by step.
🏅 X Thread of the Week
🎖️ LinkedIn Post of the Week
🤳🏽 Nice Finds You Should Binge
- Should You Ever Build Integrations In-House? Experts Weigh In
- An Employee’s Guide to Building a Personal Brand
- 5-Minute Whiteboard: Is Generative AI in Search Results the SEO Apocalypse?
- How Angi Uses Near Me SEO To Dominate the $506B Home Services Industry
- Tension Is Rising Around Remote Work
🎧 What We’re Wired Into This Week:
This charcuterie board of insights is brought to you by me, Jessica Tee O.O ✌🏾!
If you have any feedback, suggestions, or ideas you want to see in this newsletter, feel free to email me at firstname.lastname@example.org. We’re always looking for ways to improve and make sure you’re getting the best B2B SaaS marketing resources.
Have a great week(end), and stay safe!