Welcome to Volume 131 👋🏽
In this week’s email, we cover:
- 🚀How the SaaS model is disrupting yet another billion-dollar industry
- 🤯 What is the most undervalued marketing tool?
- 👀 What’s the latest in B2B SaaS this week?
- 🧠 This week’s brain food.
- ➕ The best content across the web and job vacancies to consider.
Let’s dive in.
🎧 Listen to the latest Create Like the Greats episode while you work to hear Ross Simmonds and Daniel Murray chat about content distribution.
🚀 How the SaaS Model is Disrupting Yet Another Billion-Dollar Industry
That’s how much the print-on-demand industry is projected to be worth in the next six years. But what’s more interesting is how two key players are fighting hard to dominate the industry: Printful vs. Printify.
Both companies have shown that there’s more than one way to achieve success. While Printify embraced the SaaS model, Printful chose the vertically-integrated approach.
My colleague, Ethan Crump, breaks down the strategies both companies use to dominate the industry and shape the future of digital printing. Then, he also shows you why Printify, in particular, is experiencing more impressive levels of viral growth.
Here’s a peek at what’s to come in the piece:
- What the print-on-demand industry looks like right now.
- How these two POD companies stack up against one another.
- Why Printify is doing more with fewer integration partners.
- The unfortunate misstep in blog restructuring that opened the door for Printify.
- How pricing gives Printify a decisive edge over Printful with their key audiences
Read the complete case study here.
Become an Insider today to access the full BRICK report, exclusive B2B SaaS growth, SEO, content case studies, and other resources.
The BRICK report is a goldmine for C-suite executives and marketers.
We cover critical issues such as the importance of product vs. brand, the impact of social media channels on revenue, and the relationship between blog posts and traffic. The full report is only available to Lab Insiders.
🤯 What is the Most Undervalued Marketing Tool?
Creating fresh content every day can be daunting, especially for busy marketers.
(Aren’t we all busy? 😉)
The constant pressure ultimately leads to burnout, where you may feel mentally and physically exhausted from the constant demands of creating something new every day.
Content repurposing reduces the pressure to constantly create new content from scratch. You can create a backlog of new content from existing pieces in different formats.
You have more time and mental energy to focus on creating high-quality content rather than rushing to meet daily deadlines. And you produce content that resonates with your audience and builds your brand presence and authority over time.
My colleague, Chris Meabe, breaks down the details of content repurposing, including common content repurposing mistakes, different ways to repurpose content, and best practices to keep in mind.
👀 What’s the Latest in B2B SaaS This Week?
💲Have a keen eye for detail? Want to earn some extra cash? OpenAI is offering up to $20,000 to individuals who can find bugs in ChatGPT.
🔥Looking to collaborate with creators on Instagram? You’re in luck! Instagram is extending access to parts of its creator marketplace via API, allowing brands to easily discover and work with creators. Also, creator marketplace access is expanding to brand agencies.
👀 Twitter has ceased to be independent after merging with a new shell company, X Corp. This merger has raised questions about Elon Musk’s plans for the platform.
🤑Visa has partnered with several financial service and payment companies, including PayPal and Venmo, to develop a cutting-edge P2P payment offering that ensures seamless transactions across various payment platforms
🧠 This Week’s Brain Food
Are you wondering how generative AI tools like Jasper and OpenAI’s ChatGPT will impact the creator economy?
Insider intelligence shares five predictions. Here’s a quick rundown:
- Generative AI will lower the barrier to entry for up-and-coming creators.
- Brands will find it easier to identify the right types of creators to collaborate with.
- There will be more generative AI tools for creators.
- Content creators who combine their own creativity with generative AI to improve their content will differentiate themselves and be in greater demand.
- More VCs will invest in the creator economy.
🏆 Hiring Brilliant B2B Marketers
🏅 Twitter Thread of the Week
Follow these 4 writing principles by Erica Schneider
🎖️ LinkedIn Post of the Week
The more expensive the product, the more content marketers have to by Jess Cook
🤳🏽 Nice Finds You Should Binge
- How PLG Beats Microsoft: JumpCloud’s Growth Story From 0 To $2.6B by Kyle Poyar
- How 5 SaaS Brands Use The 4Es of Content Framework by Jessica Tee Orika-Owunna
- How Product-Led Content Marketing Drives You to Success by Yauhen Zaremba
- How to Use Customer Success Stories To Gain New Users’ Trust by Jessica Tee Orika-Owunna
🎧 What We’re Wired Into This Week:
Ross Simmonds on social media, B2B marketing & storytelling, tech startups, and more
This charcuterie board of insights is brought to you by me, Jessica Tee O. ✌🏾!