The application period has closed. We’re not currently reviewing new applications for this role, but feel free to apply for future considerations.
Foundation is a digital content marketing agency with a focus on planning, creating, and distributing content for B2B brands. We work with software companies that are redefining business in their industry along with ambitious B2B brands that are growing faster than ever. Our team operates 100% remotely, and we’re obsessed with growth.
We run a lean B2B content-driven machine. We own and manage multiple brands. We develop content that goes on to be seen by millions. We collaborate with some of the brightest in the industry. We have clients from around the world. And we’re just getting started.
The mission for this role is to improve, and in some cases create, practices that better position Foundation to develop, retain, and attract Foundationites as we scale for ambitious growth.
Our fast-paced start-up culture comes with: Extreme accountability, sometimes stress (which breeds great delegation, high performance, and prioritization skills), and the demand for innovation. If you are experienced in creating supportive processes for employees and recruiting talent within a start-up, we want to hear from you today!
WHAT THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE WILL BE DOING:
- Creating a competitive employment brand for Foundation that attracts and retains the best content and SaaS minds on the planet as measured by employee satisfaction score of 80% annually.
- Analyzing metrics and proposing solutions and programs to improve employee engagement, morale, productivity, and retention.
- Owning the accuracy and reporting of our People Data, making sure it’s regularly updated, refreshed, and shared with the right stakeholders at the right cadence.
- Shaping, defining, and ensuring the effective and efficient delivery of People Operations and Culture services.
- Being an outlet for the team to go to with company feedback and to seek guidance and support from during moments of stress and conflict.
- Managing the administrative responsibilities of the People Operations team, performing operational duties required to keep our processes running efficiently and effectively, as measured by over 80% internal satisfaction with people and culture systems.
- Building systems and processes that are scalable. You are considered by many to be a systems thinker who can connect the dots between business needs and efficient, tech-enabled solutions. You're seasoned in process improvements and optimizations.
- Designing and implementing high-quality, technology-enabled processes that drive efficiency for the People team, our employees, and key business verticals.
- Setting up our constant stream of new hires for success. You understand the importance of a strong onboarding program and will ensure a positive onboarding experience for all new hires.
- Supporting the Foundation team across all facets of our robust benefits offerings, partnering with our benefits brokers to serve as the team’s initial go-to resource for benefits and leave at Foundation.
- Diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging. Overseeing the creation and execution of our DEIB strategy, ensuring that the workforce is educated, engaged, and actively building a culture of belonging for all.
- Providing the main point of contact for offboarding, ensuring a positive employee experience and smooth transition for team members moving on from Foundation as well as impacted teams.
- Owning the program management of Foundation’s Internship Program and partnering with recruiting for application reviews through hired. You’ll ensure that we’re hiring great talent and that they’re set up for success every step of the way. You’ll attend career fairs, run Foundation’s Intern Open House, and establish a seamless pipeline from intern to full-time Associate hires. This will be measured based on the number of job applications received that match the needs outlined in open positions.
- Wrangling the schedule for onboarding, training, and all People Ops programming—keeping a keen eye out for automation opportunities and other ways to save our team time.
- Owning a number of different employee engagement programs to recognize the team and build community. You love creating positive and memorable experiences, and are great at it!
- Owning employee growth plan development and progression as measured by a 20% increase in the number of employees achieving their growth plan goals.
- Overseeing the employment and payroll compliance for Foundationites located in Canada.
- Manage 2-3 administrative or coordinator-level employees.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE WILL NEED:
- 3-5 years HR-related experience (supporting or leading role).
- 1-2 years HR start-up experience (leading role).
- Experience with HR and payroll in Canada.
- 2-3 years people management experience.
- Proven experience creating and leading employee training and benefits programs.
- Excellent remote work practices and async communication across multiple time zones.
- Experience creating diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging strategy.
- Recruitment programs development.
- Performance management development and coaching experience.
- Excellent oral and written communication.
- Proven ability to assess the needs of others, prioritize support, and act quickly.
CHARACTERISTICS THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE WILL NEED:
- Approachable and calm under pressure.
- Ability to handle shifting and evolving priorities.
- Eager to learn and possesses a growth mindset.
- Strong sense of integrity, demonstrating ethical behaviour.
- High energy and curious by nature.
- Interested in media as a whole and the role the internet has on culture.
- Effective analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to form productive working relationships.
- We're a remote team, so it's important that you're well organized and can manage your own schedule.
We will give you a budget to buy the gadgets and tech you need to execute.
Flexible work environment—we expect you to work hard, but give you the freedom to do it in your preferred setting.
ALL NATIONAL HOLIDAYS
We offer time off for all National Holidays. Whether you’re living in Canada, the US, Australia or Japan — you’ll get those days off.
Benefits after three months:
PAID TIME OFF
Two weeks minimum paid vacation days.
WELLNESS & FITNESS COVERAGE
We cover all team members’ costs for gym or yoga memberships. You have to keep the mind right to keep the grind right.
Learning is very important in our culture! We offer a monthly stipend to encourage you to buy books, listen to webinars, and purchase materials that will help you grow professionally and personally.
COMPETITIVE MEDICAL & DENTAL BENEFITS
We offer a competitive dental and healthcare benefits plan for colleagues and their families.
$70,000-$90,000–dependent upon the skill level of the successful candidate.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please apply directly on our career’s page.